Planning Meeting Minutes – February 10, 2011
The Board of Directors of the Southern Fulton School District met for a planning meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 10, 2011, in the library of the high school at Warfordsburg. The following members were present:
Timothy Hull, Danny Crouse, Donald Whiteside, Mark Mosemann, Allen Morton, Timothy Mellott, and Kenny Wuertenberg.
Also present were Kendra K. Trail, superintendent; Debra Schetrompf, business manager; and Michael Shaw, facilities manager;
Visitors present were: Edgar Yates, Harry Pettoni, and David Smith.
1. Harry Pettoni – Crabtree Rohrbaugh. Mr. Pettoni would not give definitive answers on some of the life expectancies of the school equipment. A maintenance report was shared with the board members regarding the recommended list of items that need replaced. Mr. Pettoni was in agreement with the maintenance report.
2. Maintenance report (Mike Shaw). See #1.
3. Identify goals. Kenny Wuertenberg asked for a master plan to be completed regarding tight bid prices for maintenance and facility upgrades as well as academic programing needs.
4. Budget Information (Debbie Schetrompf). Mrs. Schetrompf presented a predicted five year budget plan regarding the districts projected finances.
5. Community presentation. Minor suggestions were requested to be made to the presentation by the board.
6. Athletic Information. Information was presented to the board members by the Superintendent recommending athletic cuts. Discussion was held on whether or not to cut back the number of games for each sport. At this time it was discussed to avoid eliminating any games but to look for other ways to decrease the athletic budget.
7. Next Steps. The Superintendent is to meet with Mr. Pettoni to begin preparing the master plan as reflected in item #3.
8. A discussion was held regarding Policy 904.1 Complimentary Passes for Athletic Events. Some of the board members were in favor of everyone paying admission and some board members were not. One idea that was voiced was to have board members pay admission fees.
9. The Superintendent apologized for putting the PSSA Senior Trip on the February agenda. Other monies have been secured for funding the trip.
The meeting adjourned at 10:20 p.m.